Follow us!

    Re: ACHK cough

    Posted by johncodie on 8/13/10

    On 8/12/10, Sharon wrote:
    > JC,
    > Wow! Where exactly is the great water front mansion I use to own? I seem to have misplaced it.
    > Can you send me pictures so I know what to look for?
    > I think you must have a dillusional fixation on what the lives of all people from Ole Miss are
    > Fiddle dee dee. I am going to have to think about this one another day.
    Fiddle dee dee, is this the annual parade where iced beer is pushed down the road in wheel
    barrows. When you moved from Lake Hodges a 40 year old home with 2,000 square feet sold from a half
    millon, so your saying you got a even half a millon to go buy a 2,000 spare foot house for 185
    dollars a square foot, or roughy $370,000? No pool, no view, no place to park the boat, and a longer
    drive to sell the more expensive homes in the Rancho Sante Fe, Lake Hodges? So you became a mold
    spokes person and invested the $130,000 in litigation, and trips to Senator Kennedy's hearings on
    the mold issue! You bought high and the half million dollar home adjacent to you is down about
    $170,000. We got a home for the same price but over twice the square footage, a pool, and in the
    Country Club. I know you don't get much in California, and you in sales know its all about
    location, location, location. No about this fungal death, and there appears to be one ,but not from
    home exposure. Would any one care to estimate the dose, and whey the person wasn't wearing a mask?
    And it could have been avoided if provided with the proper treatment in a timely manner. So where
    are the mold people who don't get the brown dust clouds, and aren't smart enough to take ant-botics?


    Garden Fungus Kills British Man
    47-Year-Old Dies of Fungal Lung Infection After Spreading Mulch
    Font size Print E-mail Share
    (WebMD) A fungal lung infection, aspergillosis, killed a healthy
    47-year-old British man who inhaled dust stirred up while mulching his

    Aspergillus fungus is commonly found in rotting plant material, and that's
    where the man apparently inhaled the fungal spores.

    "His symptoms had started less than 24 hours after he had dispersed
    rotting tree and plant mulch in the garden, when clouds of dust had engulfed
    him," report Katherine Russell, MBBS, and colleagues at Wycombe Hospital in
    Buckinghamshire, England.

    Unfortunately, by the time the man's doctors realized he had a fungal
    infection and began appropriate treatment, it was too late to save him.

    It's hard to totally avoid aspergillus spores. That makes the fungus a
    serious threat to transplant patients, to people with immune deficiencies, to
    patients with lung disease, and to other critically ill patients.

    But it's unusual for the bug to colonize people with healthy immune systems
    and healthy lungs. The British victim smoked a half pack of cigarettes a day
    and worked as a welder, so it's possible he had undetected lung damage.
    However, a similar fatal case -- in a healthy British gardener -- was reported
    in 1989.

    Aspergillus can cause several different types of disease:

    An allergic reaction in the lungs -- allergic bronchopulmonary
    aspergillosis -- mostly seen in people with cystic fibrosis or asthma.

    Fungus balls -- aspergillomas -- usually in the lung.

    A long-lasting lung infection called chronic necrotizing aspergillosis,
    usually seen in patients with chronic lung disease or immune deficiency.

    Acute, fast-moving infection -- invasive pulmonary aspergillosis -- that
    usually affects the lungs but which can spread to any part of the body,
    including the brain.

    It was this last kind of infection that killed the British man.

    Aspergillus infections can be treated with antifungal drugs. But diagnosis
    is tricky, and treatment is most effective when started soon after

    Symptoms of aspergillosis include fever, chest pain, cough, and shortness of
    breath. If you have these symptoms, especially in the days or weeks after
    serious dust exposure, you should see a doctor right away.

    Russell and colleagues report their findings in the June 14 issue of The

    Posts on this thread, including this one

  Site Map:  Home Chatboards Legal Jobs Classified Ads Search Contacts Advertise
  © 1996 - 2013. All Rights Reserved. Please review our Terms of Use, Mission Statement, and Privacy Policy.