Follow us!

    Re: Surprise! Veritox Finds Nothing Wrong w/Weyerhaeuser Hou

    Posted by Deborah on 10/24/10

    On 10/22/10, Sharon wrote:
    > RemDude,
    > your premise is flawed. What evidence do you have that mold plaintiffs are
    > losing case after case? The reality is, most cases settle. Only those
    > where the insurer thinks they have at least a 50/50 chance of winning or
    > those cases that pose the potential for extreme financial liability go to
    > trial. (such as infant deaths) The sad thing is, the worse damaged the
    > family - the more agressive the denial with tactics that are less than
    > stellar being used.
    > From what I am being told, the GAO Report has helped much to negate those
    > who would profess it is scientifically impossible mold, etc, are causing
    > these severe illnesses. Do you have documentation of information that
    > would support differently?
    > On 10/21/10, Deborah wrote:
    >> RD
    >> I mentioned adult onset asthma. Perhaps your observational skills aren't
    >> as good as they should be?
    >> Here is one case, note the date of
    >> publication; There are more
    >> recent studies supporting this.
    >> I am well aware of "other" triggers for asthma, but I referred
    >> specifically to adult onset asthma. I know, first hand, about respiratory
    >> ailments; MCS and asthma ( all adult onset ) are quite a combo.
    >> You need to edify yourself. And, again, you are welcome for all the work
    >> that mold and indoor air quality advocates generated for your profession.
    >> Hope the economy doesn't take a bite out of it.
    >> Isn't it odd that "farmer's lung" can be diagnosed and correlated to
    >> exposure to stored hays and grains? Have a good day.
    >> "It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary
    >> depends upon his not understanding it!" Upton Sinclair
    >> The above would hold true for anyone who refuses to see the obvious truth
    >> and we all know what happened to Galileo who, oddly enough, died the year
    >> Isaac Newton was born.
    >> On 10/21/10, Rem Dude wrote:
    >>> Deborah:
    >>> Once again - If what you say were true, then mold plaintiffs would not
    >>> be losing case after case after case. Today, it takes more than
    >>> plausibility and conjecture to prove chronic illness due to mold
    >>> exposure.
    >>> And for your edification - ALL allergens including fungi, dust mites,
    >>> pests, pollen, dander are triggers for asthma attacks. In addition,
    >>> exercise, food, ozone and air pollutants can also trigger attacks.
    >>> Cockroach, dust mites, and ozone are attributed to far more asthma
    >>> attacks than mold exposure. Children exposed to cockroaches are 4
    >>> times more likely to have asthma than children living in clean homes.
    >>> Once again you�re fixated on ONE of MANY triggers and claiming that it
    >>> ALONE is responsible for these complaints. If mold and asthma is the
    >>> basis for this class action, then they have already lost.
    >>> RD
    >>> On 10/20/10, Deborah wrote:
    >>>> Meant to add that Newton's theory is now known as the LAW of
    >>>> gravity..and this IS a serious matter.
    >>>> On 10/20/10, Deborah wrote:
    >>>>> RD,
    >>>>> Again, your industry owes, in no small part, its boom in recent
    >>>>> years due to efforts of mold victims who survived to tell about it.
    >>>>> "Irrefutable" evidence; cause and effect? A middle-aged adult
    >>>>> diagnosed w/ asthma w/ no family history of it noting that their
    >>>>> symptoms ( others as well as the asthma ) diminish during absence
    >>>>> from the dwelling and later discovering, via testing, that there are
    >>>>> various molds, aspergillus included, in the dwelling including in
    >>>>> the HVAC system and duct work would seem irrefutable to me. How did
    >>>>> Newton come up with his theory of gravity? Observation and
    >>>>> repeatable results.
    >>>>> The evidence is there, it is simply a case of this being a battle
    >>>>> much like the ones waged against Big Tobacco, asbestos, lead,
    >>>>> dioxin, etc...big money can hold off reality for so long not
    >>> forever.
    >>>>> I have seen aspergillosis in patients and am familiar with it and
    >>>>> the number you claim to "have seen" who were "immunocompromised" is
    >>>>> your personal observation based on how many years and how many
    >>>>> individual and/or clients who actually divulged such information to
    >>>>> to you, a remediator often, if not exclusively, working for the
    >>>>> structures' owners and/or insurance companies? I think your
    >>>>> observations represent the lower end of the spectrum and there are
    >>>>> other illnesses besides full blown aspergillosis that occur due to
    >>>>> exposure.
    >>>>> How many individuals died w/o autopsies? Guess the only way to find
    >>>>> out is to perform more autopsies which isn't likely to happen in
    >>>>> today's economy. Looking through paperwork today, I happened upon
    >>>>> an important 2008 study out of Germany, "Is there a need for
    >>>>> autopsies in the management of fungal disease?" by Manfred Knoke,
    >>>>> Hannelore Bernhardt and Gunther Schwesinger
    >>>>> Faculty of Medicine, University of Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
    >>>>> Any volunteers?
    >>>>> On 10/20/10, Rem Dude wrote:
    >>>>>> Deborah:
    >>>>>> If what you say were true, then mold plaintiffs would not be
    >>>>>> losing case after case after case. Today, it takes more than
    >>>>>> plausibility and conjecture to prove chronic illness due to mold
    >>>>>> exposure.
    >>>>>> Granted, I have seen 7 cases of Aspergillosis, however, all were
    >>>>>> immunocompromised patients and none could link indoor exposure
    >>>>>> to their infections. In fact, PCR analysis in 2 cases proved
    >>>>>> that there was no connection.
    >>>>>> The issue is simple, if you have "irrefutable proof" linking
    >>>>>> indoor exposure to chronic illness, then you may have a chance
    >>>>>> in court - but if you don�t, expect to lose your case.
    >>>>>> RD
    >>>>>> On 10/20/10, Deborah wrote:
    >>>>>>> On 10/19/10, Rem Dude wrote:
    >>>>>>>> " You would think by now that the legal profession would wise
    >>>>>>>> up to the facts - black toxic mold hype doesn�t work
    >>>>>>>> anymore."
    >>>>>>>> RD
    >>>>>>> You think that any CIH, remediator, medical professional, IAQ
    >>>>>>> expert, etc. would wise up to the fact that molds and their
    >>>>>>> byproducts, even molds other than "black" toxic mold [sic
    >>>>>>> redundant], do indeed cause serious health problems in a much
    >>>>>>> larger 'sub'-group of the population than earlier 'position'
    >>>>>>> statements and opinions for hire led the general public, the
    >>>>>>> courts, and many others to believe.
    >>>>>>> Aspergillus is one of the worst culprits and also largely
    >>>>>>> responsible for adult onset asthma as well as many other
    >>>>>> ailments.
    >>>>>>> But I do agree with the remark about construction defects being
    >>>>>>> a viable cause of action and one that should have been pursued
    >>>>>>> simultaneously.

    Posts on this thread, including this one

  Site Map:  Home Chatboards Legal Jobs Classified Ads Search Contacts Advertise
  © 1996 - 2013. All Rights Reserved. Please review our Terms of Use, Mission Statement, and Privacy Policy.