Re: acute mecury poisoning
Posted by Fred R Dressler on 2/13/04
thanks.. I was 9yrs old when my 13 yr old brother (not a high
school student), walked next door to the high school and
returned with it.. he died four years later of unrelated
causes.. I put it in my mouth..and spilled the entirety.. a
succession a catastrophic events pushed it from memory until..
being diagnosed 3 months ago with acute mercury poisoning.. I
had to think.."where have I been around mercury?", the memory
hit me like a ton of bricks.. I am now realizing just how many
people may be effected.. the house has since been destroyed by
fire... I wrote the school board to inform them of the event
but got no reply... I did so because I thought it may pose a
continued hazard due to it's close proximty..
On 2/13/04, mary wrote:
> Are you an owner of the property? Renter, guest? Parent of a
> participating child? Teacher at the school? Need some more
> facts. Are you potentially at fault? Why haven't you told
> anyone? This is a bad scenario, one that has been repeated a
> number of times.
> Best Regards,
> On 2/13/04, Fred R Dressler wrote:
>> A high science lab was "relieved" of a 1 lb..(16oz) flask
>> of pure liquid mercury, taken to a residence aproximately
>> 50 ft from school poperty, was drank by a 9 year old boy
>> and subsequently spilled throughout the second floor of
>> the two story, wood frame house.
>> Due to it's proximatey to the school it was very popular
>> with disinfranchised youth. over a decade the mercury
>> seeped though the floorboards of the second story,
>> directly above the kitchen area until eventually puddling
>> above, and leaking from the kitchen ceiling... for a
>> decade as many as fifty other individuals (kids)
>> were "rained" on by mercury... I'm 43 and have the
>> neurological motorskills of a man twice my age... is it
>> a "tort" case or a "class action"? considering the number
>> of people who are not yet aware of the problem... (I
>> haven't told them yet)...can anyone help me?...