Re: acute mecury poisoning
Posted by Fred R. Dressler on 2/13/04
I lived in the house from 1970-1980, it was destroyed by fire
in the early 1990's, I as well as it were very popular with a
number of students/friends, you could see where the mercury had
rained/stained the ceiling for a decade.. another reason I
contacted the school board is because a second home has now been
constructed within 50 ft of the first house... I just didn't want
to see some kid "eat dirt" and come down with what I have...
On 2/13/04, mary wrote:
> When was the house destroyed? How long have you been out of it?
> Best Regards,
> On 2/13/04, Fred R Dressler wrote:
>> thanks.. I was 9yrs old when my 13 yr old brother (not a high
>> school student), walked next door to the high school and
>> returned with it.. he died four years later of unrelated
>> causes.. I put it in my mouth..and spilled the entirety.. a
>> succession a catastrophic events pushed it from memory until..
>> being diagnosed 3 months ago with acute mercury poisoning.. I
>> had to think.."where have I been around mercury?", the memory
>> hit me like a ton of bricks.. I am now realizing just how many
>> people may be effected.. the house has since been destroyed by
>> fire... I wrote the school board to inform them of the event
>> but got no reply... I did so because I thought it may pose a
>> continued hazard due to it's close proximty..
>> On 2/13/04, mary wrote:
>>> Are you an owner of the property? Renter, guest? Parent of a
>>> participating child? Teacher at the school? Need some more
>>> facts. Are you potentially at fault? Why haven't you told
>>> anyone? This is a bad scenario, one that has been repeated a
>>> number of times.
>>> Best Regards,
>>> On 2/13/04, Fred R Dressler wrote:
>>>> A high science lab was "relieved" of a 1 lb..(16oz) flask
>>>> of pure liquid mercury, taken to a residence aproximately
>>>> 50 ft from school poperty, was drank by a 9 year old boy
>>>> and subsequently spilled throughout the second floor of
>>>> the two story, wood frame house.
>>>> Due to it's proximatey to the school it was very popular
>>>> with disinfranchised youth. over a decade the mercury
>>>> seeped though the floorboards of the second story,
>>>> directly above the kitchen area until eventually puddling
>>>> above, and leaking from the kitchen ceiling... for a
>>>> decade as many as fifty other individuals (kids)
>>>> were "rained" on by mercury... I'm 43 and have the
>>>> neurological motorskills of a man twice my age... is it
>>>> a "tort" case or a "class action"? considering the number
>>>> of people who are not yet aware of the problem... (I
>>>> haven't told them yet)...can anyone help me?...