Follow us!

    Re: acute mecury poisoning

    Posted by Fred R. Dressler on 2/13/04

    I lived in the house from 1970-1980, it was destroyed by fire
    in the early 1990's, I as well as it were very popular with a
    number of students/friends, you could see where the mercury had
    rained/stained the ceiling for a decade.. another reason I
    contacted the school board is because a second home has now been
    constructed within 50 ft of the first house... I just didn't want
    to see some kid "eat dirt" and come down with what I have...

    On 2/13/04, mary wrote:
    > Fred:
    > When was the house destroyed? How long have you been out of it?
    > Best Regards,
    > Mary
    > On 2/13/04, Fred R Dressler wrote:
    >> Mary-
    >> thanks.. I was 9yrs old when my 13 yr old brother (not a high
    >> school student), walked next door to the high school and
    >> returned with it.. he died four years later of unrelated
    >> causes.. I put it in my mouth..and spilled the entirety.. a
    >> succession a catastrophic events pushed it from memory until..
    >> being diagnosed 3 months ago with acute mercury poisoning.. I
    >> had to think.."where have I been around mercury?", the memory
    >> hit me like a ton of bricks.. I am now realizing just how many
    >> people may be effected.. the house has since been destroyed by
    >> fire... I wrote the school board to inform them of the event
    >> but got no reply... I did so because I thought it may pose a
    >> continued hazard due to it's close proximty..
    >> On 2/13/04, mary wrote:
    >>> Fred:
    >>> Are you an owner of the property? Renter, guest? Parent of a
    >>> participating child? Teacher at the school? Need some more
    >>> facts. Are you potentially at fault? Why haven't you told
    >>> anyone? This is a bad scenario, one that has been repeated a
    >>> number of times.
    >>> Best Regards,
    >>> Mary
    >>> On 2/13/04, Fred R Dressler wrote:
    >>>> A high science lab was "relieved" of a 1 lb..(16oz) flask
    >>>> of pure liquid mercury, taken to a residence aproximately
    >>>> 50 ft from school poperty, was drank by a 9 year old boy
    >>>> and subsequently spilled throughout the second floor of
    >>>> the two story, wood frame house.
    >>>> Due to it's proximatey to the school it was very popular
    >>>> with disinfranchised youth. over a decade the mercury
    >>>> seeped though the floorboards of the second story,
    >>>> directly above the kitchen area until eventually puddling
    >>>> above, and leaking from the kitchen ceiling... for a
    >>>> decade as many as fifty other individuals (kids)
    >>>> were "rained" on by mercury... I'm 43 and have the
    >>>> neurological motorskills of a man twice my age... is it
    >>>> a "tort" case or a "class action"? considering the number
    >>>> of people who are not yet aware of the problem... (I
    >>>> haven't told them yet)...can anyone help me?...

    Posts on this thread, including this one

  Site Map:  Home Chatboards Legal Jobs Classified Ads Search Contacts Advertise
  © 1996 - 2013. All Rights Reserved. Please review our Terms of Use, Mission Statement, and Privacy Policy.

The Counsel.Net ChatBoardsm. All Rights Reserved.