Follow us!

    Re: Sporicidin and Bleach

    Posted by Shannon on 7/30/08

    Similar thing happened to us! All our belongings have taken in
    this toxic odor and we've had to evacuate our house. Where are
    you located? I wonder if its the same mold removal company!


    On 8/27/07, RemDude wrote:
    > I realize this advice is way too late, but nothing should be
    > using in your home that is not EPA approved.
    >
    > No telling what was actually sprayed in your home and that
    > is beyond the point now. Most of what you are probably
    > smelling is nothing more than fragrance. Most of the
    > volatile compounds of the mixture have already outgased and
    > are most likely no longer present. Sporicidin has a residual
    > effect, however, there is nothing particularly dangerous
    > about the chemical.
    >
    > Since you really donít know what was used, you should have
    > all previously treated structural materials removed and
    > rebuilt to original specification. If the
    > restoration/remediation company balks, find legal
    > representation ASAP. Your case is pretty much a slam dunk
    > based upon what you are reporting. No point in gambling.
    >
    > It is illegal to take EPA registered chemicals and apply
    > them in a method that is inconsistent with the label. Mixing
    > bleach with other volatile chemistry is not only extremely
    > dangerous, itís blatantly illegal.
    >
    > Good luck and keep us posted on your problem!
    >
    > RemDude
    >
    > On 8/26/07, Rick Kurland wrote:
    >> I'm in a dire situation.I had a small leak from my
    >> icemaker while we were on vacation and it leaked into and
    >> through the wall and a flood and fire repair company that
    >> I won't name at this time came in to clean it up and dry
    >> it out. After the tech cut out the wallboard at the base
    >> of the affected walls he sprayed a chemical into the areas
    >> that were damaged. My wife asked him what he sprayed and
    >> he said, "that he did not believe in his companies
    >> products and that he made his own concoction" with three
    >> different chemicals. Needless to say this is where the
    >> nightmare started. We had this done on the 6th of August
    >> and to make a long story short we were subjected to the
    >> fumes etc. for 11 days (stomach and headache problems
    >> etc.) before we evacuated the house which 21 days later we
    >> are still out of. Through the 11 days of exposure the
    >> owner of the "flood" repair co. came out and sprayed
    >> another chemical over the one the tech had created to try
    >> and what he said neutralize it and at this point we are
    >> not getting anywhere with them telling us what exactly it
    >> was he sprayed in addition to the original mixture. It was
    >> however determined that the original tech mixed sporicidin
    >> and bleach. He denies using three chemicals that he
    >> originally mixed.The owner had called me on the 11th day
    >> of exposure(when we moved out) and said after consulting
    >> with his chemist back east that his tech created a Phenol
    >> Based Pesticide. My concern is this, we have two known
    >> chemicals that were combined and now two that are unknown
    >> (the third missing from the original mixture) and the one
    >> the owner sprayed over the top.The odor that was created
    >> from all this was so thick that it has literally stuck to
    >> anyone entering the house and even after washing etc. the
    >> smell is still on the clothing.I demanded a hygenist come
    >> out to do a sampling of what we were subjected to and when
    >> he a arrived with his little air cylinder, mind you 18
    >> days after it happened he walked in and said" smells like
    >> regular cleaning materials to me" We know who's side he is
    >> on. My question is has anybody experienced the mixing of
    >> Sporicidin and bleach, and what could the other two
    >> unknown chemicals added to it have created? I have my own
    >> independent hygenist coming in to do hard sampling etc...
    >> but I'm afraid that to much time has passed eventhough the
    >> smell is still very strong in the house 21 days later.
    >> Please help with any insight I have 4 people and two dogs
    >> that are displaced.

    Posts on this thread, including this one


  Site Map:  Home Chatboards Legal Jobs Classified Ads Search Contacts Advertise
  © 1996 - 2013. All Rights Reserved. Please review our Terms of Use, Mission Statement, and Privacy Policy.