Follow us!

    Post: Toxic Workplaces

    Posted by gerryduffett on 9/24/05

    Jan 11 2005

    To Whom It May Concern.

    Wow what an experience.
    I was employed at Gal Power Systems in Mississauga to work
    on diesel generator systems.
    I was working on a pair of 16 v 92 Detroit diesel generator
    sets at
    4160 volt at a facility called the South West Regional
    Centre in
    Chatham Ontario.
    I was requested by the project manager Moe Gallick of the
    Realty Corporation to supply and install some fuel system
    at an Ontario Provincial Police transmitter tower close by.
    When I went there to do the work I saw that this was an old
    site no longer in use.
    I was let into the building and began work.
    As I was working I noticed the building had a an unusual
    amount of rat poison or toxic
    chemicals distributed inside the building.
    No breathing equipment or protective clothing were supplied
    by either
    my employer Gal Power Systems , The Ontario Realty
    Corporation or the
    Ontario Provincial Police.
    Mr Gallick did not spend very much time in the building.
    I did not complete the work.
    Shortly after this I had to seek medical attention within
    the Ministry
    of Health and was off work for close to a year.
    This was a deliberate act.
    I almost died.
    This act of incompetence was the end of a series of
    poisonings that
    started a couple of years earlier when I was working at
    Harper Detroit
    Diesel on a project at Mississauga Hydro , probably
    continued when I
    was hired by Thomson Technology in British Columbia and
    almost ended
    in my death at Gal Power Systems.
    Talk about bad politics or a toxic work place.
    That's kind of the ultimate.
    Some people say there is no corruption here in Canada.
    The harassment in my workplaces to date with snide and off
    colour comments about my
    mental health are unbelievable and intolerable.
    There is much more to the story.

    Gerry Duffett
    14-4218 Lawrence Ave E Box 218
    Scarborough Ontario
    Canada M1E4X9

    Pager # 416-612-5689

    Jan 11 2004

    To Whom It Might Concern.

    Here is a copy of a letter I sent to the Toronto Sun
    newspaper about an article that was published.This
    incident that happened to me is an odd health and safety
    Here is a situation where a union might have made a
    difference. I will be sending more letters to various
    groups in the up coming year.

    Hi Mr Margolis.

    I found your article about Edwin P. Wilson all too
    frightening and hits me personally way too close to home. I
    was working at Harper Detroit Diesel in Toronto and one of
    my co workers or somebody in my customer base or the
    competition started poisoning my food over a period of
    I almost died.
    I had worked in the diesel generator industry for twenty
    two years as a field service technician at a variety of
    dealers and distributors based mostly out of the Toronto
    area. In this position I worked in and around all types of
    generator set applications such as apartment buildings,
    schools, retail stores, hospitals, marine units, data
    centres, airports, telephone switching centres, or just
    about anywhere you would find a generator set.This position
    also took me into a lot of high security buildings or
    buildings that you don't need to know exist. Some of the
    customers I have dealt with include Metropolitan Toronto
    Police, the Ontario Provincial Police, the R.C.M.P., Bell
    Canada, Transport Canada, Navigation Canada, Public Works
    Canada, Department of National Defence, the Ontario Realty
    Corporation, Nexacor Realty, AT&T, Cantel, C.I.D.A.,
    External Affairs, and many, many more. I did quite a bit of
    work on high security micro wave and fibre optics
    communication links all around North America. This is where
    this poisoning comes from. One person I worked 15 yrs with
    on these systems, who I had not seen in 4 yrs, called me at
    home one night in the middle of this series of poisonings,
    who I didn't even know had my home phone number and
    asked "aren't you dead yet". I wound up on the West Coast
    of Canada standing in a parking lot with what were suppose
    to be Chinese Nationals from F.E.T.A.C. being photographed
    by the R.C.M.P. as part of a smear campaign.The worst part
    of all of this is Gerry Duffett almost died, thats me. The
    next worst part of all of this, is this is my tax dollars
    paying these freaks. I wonder how many times a day this
    goes on. I still don't know who poisoned me. I was off work
    for almost one year. I can now 5 yrs later barely hold a
    full time job. The harassment in my work place is
    unbelievable as far as off colour and snide comments about
    my mental health. There is much more to the story. My pager
    # is 416-612-5689.

    Thank you.

    Gerry Duffett.
    14-4218 Lawrence Ave E Box 218
    Scarborough Ontario
    Canada M1E4X9
    Just in the last couple of years a new fibre optics system
    was installed in Ontario to link all the power generation
    stations to one central control centre code named Ledcor.
    Don't tell anybody you know that, somebody might try to
    kill you.

    Posts on this thread, including this one

  Site Map:  Home Chatboards Legal Jobs Classified Ads Search Contacts Advertise
  © 1996 - 2013. All Rights Reserved. Please review our Terms of Use, Mission Statement, and Privacy Policy.